BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Year's Resolutions for 2014

明けまして、おめでとうございます!Happy New Year 2014~!


So, I have NO IDEA if I'm going to start blogging again this year or not. . .and I've decided not to force it. I always pretend that I'm going to restart and then fail miserably. And really. . .why give myself something else to fail at? So I'm not going to pretend, and then, if it happens, which I would like, it happens. :-) That said, I did decide that I will make some New Year's Resolutions. And what better way to make myself feel accountable than by writing about them in my blog? So, here we go:

New Year's Resolutions 2014




1: Respond to people when they talk to me. Even if I find it uninteresting. Even if I have nothing to say. I will at least make some kind of sign that I heard what was said. (I think that this one is going to be very hard for me)

2: TRAVEL! 2013 was a bad year for travel - I went to Turks and Caicos and San Francisco. And New York. And of course I spent quite a bit of time in Louisiana. But those were like, little trips. And none of it really felt like "traveling." So, for 2014, I'd like to make it a point to go to at least one place AMAZING - Cambodia and Vietnam, perhaps?

3: Practice Japanese! 2013 was an awful year for that as well. I started the year with comfortable fluency and ended the year with stuttering inability to find the words that I'm looking for or express the thoughts that I'm thinking. I guess this means I probably need to spend at least 2 weeks in Japan. And make sure that I do something every day to further the learning process, be it watch amazing teen J-Drama (Yamamoto Yuusuke, Miura Shouhei, Mukai Osamu, PLEASE do more teen romance!!), reading something, talking to Japanese friends, or studying kanji. . .just something.

4: Respond to e-mails in a timely manner. As in, if I receive a time sensitive e-mail, I will make an effort to respond right away, as opposed to waiting 6 months until the e-mail is no longer relevant. E-mails that aren't time sensitive - yeah, I'm going to make an effort to actually respond to those. Wish me luck!

Okay, I think 4 is probably already a lot, but there are lots of other things that I am going to TRY to do in the New Year as well. Like, stay happy! Think less about Japan! Be in touch with old friends! Continue to love teaching math! Try to love teaching English! Be an amazing person to myself and others! Find time to keep learning Python! Smile a lot - all the time, even! Spend more time with people and less time avoiding people! Yeah, that kind of thing.

Oh, and of course - I must make an effort to surround myself with kawaii things. All the time! Which will help me with the always smiling thing. :-) Which means I must also make an effort to pay more attention to my clothes and dress super kawaii like the girl to the left (I'm sure this won't happen and I will continue to wear jeans and hoodies every day, but I can always DREAM about wearing lolita dresses and tutus with unicorn tights, right?)

And that's all for now. Perhaps you'll hear from me again soon! I had a great Christmas (even if it was RIGHT AFTER I had surgery and I was therefore in pain and somewhat grumpy from the awful medication that I will NEVER take again), and I'd love to write about it. So maybe I will!

以上です。

1 things said:

Kirthi said...

Hi Brizmus :D
I so agree with you, 2013 was a horrible year for me. Your resolutions are awesome! The only Japanese I know are weird phrases from manga. I wish I could travel but I'm still a student, so I can't afford to. I hope you have an awesome 2014! Many happy returns :)